Though I stayed warm inside for most of the day, I did venture out for a photo safari (disguised as a shopping trip for ketchup, salad dressing and almonds--clearly I didn't really need those) the results of which I am happy to share with you!
The view from my room--I was watching all morning as I worked on application stuff, some planning for upcoming trips, and my Rosetta Stone.
The rain is definitely snow now! --Look at that! It's sticking to the neighbors' roofs!
People on Gazipasa loving the snow. Look--they're just like Portlanders! Walking around with umbrellas and absolutely loving this unusual change. *When I got back from the store, there was a snow angel between these palm trees. :-) Ironic, right?
Wow! It's accumulating!!!! (I love seeing the snow on the palm trees here, too.)
On my way to the store, I pass some other stores. Also, look at the size of that snowflake my flash caught--it's a monster!
A bundled-up little girl pokes with some snow as she and her mom wait to cross the street. I love Turkish kids!
Here I am: on my way to Kipa. Look at that snowy field!
Turkish mail box. ("Mektup" means letter.) Isn't extra cute in the snow?
Classic snow picture. In Portland, school would be cancelled. In Minnesota, people would be like, "Hey! I thought it was supposed to snow today."
A lovely little park I passed on the way to Kipa. I'd never noticed it before, but it is really charming. Maybe it'd be a good place for a picnic in a few months.
Red berries in snow. So nice!
Happy Winter!!
And for those of you in Portland, I see on my little weather widget that snow may be coming your way. Send me a picture if any shows up!
Much love, -Annika
No comments:
Post a Comment