Thursday, February 16, 2012

Turkish Tuesday, #12

Turkish Tuesday was on the day of love this week. To celebrate, Colin and I had shared a mediterranean feast over a romantic comedy, some friendly banter, and an epic rock-paper-scissors battle. (Who knew it was so hard to play that across an ocean and some continents???)

His menu was a delicious hummus wrap from the cage. Mine was another zeytinyali (olive oil) recipe--a tomato eggplant mezze. It's one of my meyhane favorites, but its recipe was surprisingly difficult to track down. Regardless, I persevered and was by and large quite pleased with the result (though I'll do a few things differently next time, inshallah). --Also it was my first frying experience, and I didn't get a single burn so that was great! To compliment the mezze, I had a little carrot salad, some pilav, and yogurt, of course. Then, just because it was Valentine's day and everyone deserves a few sweets, I had 2...maybe 3....succulent squares of bakalava. All in all, a great holiday meal, perhaps the perfect accompaniment to an Ashton Kutcher comedy--Colin's favorite. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I just flipped through your blog and it's so dang cute :) Can't wait for Fat Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete