Great news! Colin and I found an apartment!! We hit the streets of Yalova almost as soon as we got back to Yalova on Thursday, and now I'm pleased and very surprised to say that we found a great place at a great price!
Like my apartment last year, this one is along Gazi Pasha Caddesi and has a nice seaside view from the balcony. It can't really compare with the 3 balconies, but the furnishings are much nicer, and the whole place has a much cozier, homier feel.
It's a two-bedroom with an entry onto the balcony from the master. The kitchen is great--it has marble countertops and a bright cheerful breakfast nook. The living room is very livable with a matching cushy sofa-loveseat-2-arm-chair set and a 4-person dining room table. Nothing is too sparkly, but everything is still "modern ve lux" and very comfortable to our American sense of esthetics.
I took a few pictures of the place before we signed for it and paid for it (ouch! 3-months rent up-front is a rough, big bite to chew on before any wages come in....). Here they are.
Since I took these we've already re-arranged a bunch of the stuff. We moved the bed into the bigger bedroom, switched the whole living room around, and turned the spare bedroom into a nicer seating area/guest bedroom. My body's already tired from all that moving, but this afternoon we'll be actually moving our stuff in--getting the boxes and other stuff from Firat's and well as taking what we have here at the guest house.
We will probably be sore tomorrow, but I'm still so surprised that we were able to find something so nice and so easily. We found this all by ourselves--with only me and my Turkish skills. I've definitely been pushing my language a lot the last couple of days and I'm very happy to have such a tangible result to share with you all and to enjoy for the next 10 months!
Will send updated pictures once we get all the boxes out again!
Like my apartment last year, this one is along Gazi Pasha Caddesi and has a nice seaside view from the balcony. It can't really compare with the 3 balconies, but the furnishings are much nicer, and the whole place has a much cozier, homier feel.
It's a two-bedroom with an entry onto the balcony from the master. The kitchen is great--it has marble countertops and a bright cheerful breakfast nook. The living room is very livable with a matching cushy sofa-loveseat-2-arm-chair set and a 4-person dining room table. Nothing is too sparkly, but everything is still "modern ve lux" and very comfortable to our American sense of esthetics.
I took a few pictures of the place before we signed for it and paid for it (ouch! 3-months rent up-front is a rough, big bite to chew on before any wages come in....). Here they are.
Me and Colin in the walkway to our door, just off Gazi Pasha and across from the Earthquake memorial.
Our bright, happy kitchen and breakfast nook.
Our living room. Now that bright corner is where our dining room table is located. The balcony is behind the arm chair on the right.
Since I took these we've already re-arranged a bunch of the stuff. We moved the bed into the bigger bedroom, switched the whole living room around, and turned the spare bedroom into a nicer seating area/guest bedroom. My body's already tired from all that moving, but this afternoon we'll be actually moving our stuff in--getting the boxes and other stuff from Firat's and well as taking what we have here at the guest house.
We will probably be sore tomorrow, but I'm still so surprised that we were able to find something so nice and so easily. We found this all by ourselves--with only me and my Turkish skills. I've definitely been pushing my language a lot the last couple of days and I'm very happy to have such a tangible result to share with you all and to enjoy for the next 10 months!
Will send updated pictures once we get all the boxes out again!
No comments:
Post a Comment