I was inspired after posting my last post and then seeing pictures of Ben, Megan, Ian and Sarah carving pumpkins in the woods, to get off my bumkin and go buy a pumpkin.
I walked up and down the street of Yalova, hunting for my perfect orange Cinderella pumpkin, but none could be found. The closest thing I could get was this gray-green little goblin.
My dismay didn't last too long, though. I soon transformed it into the blushing miss I'd imagined.

Carving her wasn't easy. I only had my kitchen knives (none of which are serrated) and because of the squattness of this pumpkin, I had to use a very small spoon to do all of the scraping out. Getting this lady's top off the first time was also probably the hardest thing I've done since arriving in Yalova. It was so stuck.... Regardless, it was fun and I'm really glad we have something to decorate our house. I've also separated out the pumpkin seeds so as soon as I find out from Mom how to do it, I'll roast up some spooky crunchy snacks to take into work to share on Monday.

Now my little pumpkin is sitting on the living room table, glowing happily. She looks pretty nice in her gray dress, I think. She's a unique pumpkin, too. I've never seen one quite like her. Happy carving if you've still got to do yours and much love from us in Yalova.
No comments:
Post a Comment