Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rainbows and Jeopardy


I saw this beautiful sight as I left my building for work this morning. Isn't it beautiful?  The rainbow's landing right where Istanbul is on the other side of the sea. It's a little hard to tell here but this rainbow was extra cool because it was popping in front of dark clouds which circled the horizon, going maybe halfway up the sky (45 degrees altitude), but then the top of the sky was a really beautiful clear blue that the bow disappeared into completely. It was a great setting and a total surprise because it didn't rain at all this morning in Yalova. I had to document it for you all.
----
Class today was mostly review but we had a good time because I brought back Jeopardy. :-) My students were so happy and, though we had spent most of the day reviewing for their big university-wide test tomorrow, I think they forgotten that they'd been bored by the time they walked out of class totally jazzed. Plus they learned a lot!

This time, I made my Jeopardy game online and it's accessible anywhere.  Therefore, if you'd like to test your English abilities against those of elementary English language learners, click here.  I divided the class up into 6 different teams, and the eventual champions were in team # 4, with 220 points. Let me tell you, though, competition was neck and neck up until the very end.

Enjoy! I'm off to bed because I've got some serious yoga and lesson planning to do in the morning. All my love,
-Annika

No comments:

Post a Comment