Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving, Turkey-Style

I hosted my first Thanksgiving dinner party yesterday with guests coming in from Balikesir, Canakkale and Yalova.  Margot and I were busy cooking and cleaning all weekend but we had a great event and now have a much greater appreciation for the hard work that holiday party hostesses do.

I think my pictures tell it most of the story but I hope you can tell that we really did have a wonderful time with our friends and that the food was absolutely delicious.  

All my love (and happy first day of Advent!),
-Annika

The Cooking Crew: Shannon- pomegranate-leek "cranberry sauce"; Margot- stuffing, arugula salad, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole; Annika- bird, gravy, french onion dip & other apps, apple pie.

No whole turkeys in Turkey meant I roasted these chickens as our holiday birds.

The Spread: note above mentioned dishes plus delicious rolls and Trabzon bread with raspberry jam (not as good as Mom's or Grandma T's). Yum!

Sitting around our lack of dining room table with the Thanksgiving shrine above us. (from left: Firat, Deven, Mary, Margot, Imge)

Greg's getting seconds! (Don't worry, I shocked everybody and went back for 4ths.) 

My colleague, Imge, enjoying her first American Thanksgiving. 

Thanksgiving nametags that Mary made at the craft table I set up. No one wanted to actually wear them, so they became decorations and souvenirs from the event! 

Our stuffed, happy guests after dinner, dessert, tea, and two rounds of "salad bowl"--Margot, Firat, Russell, Greg, Imge, Shannon, Mary, Deven, Annika. (clockwise from left) Yay Thanksgiving! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment