Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Turkish Tuesday, pt. II

Today was Turkish Tuesday Two.

My meal this week was a great success.  I made my favorite of Turkish soups--Ezo Gelin Corba--also known as Bride's soup. This red lentil-bulgar-mint-tomato concoction is a lunch staple for me in Yalova.  Margot and I get a couple of bowls a week, often also sharing a kasharli pide (like a marinara-free Turkish cheese pizza). Yum!

Anyway, my ezo gelin tonight was fantastic.  It had just the right balance of spices and a great consistency, plus we had an awesome loaf of bead for sopping up the remnants of our bowls and for dipping into a Yalova-Team-classic saucer with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Throw a few mini-glasses of red wine in the mix (all glasses in Turkey are mini) and I was set for a great night.

Yay--Turkish Tuesday success!

p.s. Isn't this a sweet smiley face in the vinaigrette? What a happy accident!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment