I just had my first day of school and it wasn't exactly a walk in the park.
I have a set of about 30 students for whom I will be leading a "main course" of English. That means reading, writing, speaking, listening for 4.5 hours three days a week and 3 hours a day the other two.
After my first 30 minute introduction "lesson," I think I have some cause for concern: their English proficiency is elementary and my Turkish is rudimentary. We're obviously going to have to meet in the middle, and I'm sure we will, but for now it's fair to say I'm concerned.
Tomorrow we'll be going over basic introductions (don't know how much of mine they actually comprehended), numbers and families. At least this time I'll know how to turn on the projector and I'll bring my own stash of white board markers and name tags. Wish me luck!
-Annika
It'll get better! Live and learn! Teacher Tohlen - love you! xoxo
ReplyDelete