Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Fulbright Fame"

Well, we all knew that being granted a Fulbright would come with it's own particular benefits. Who knew how grand they would be, though??

Here is a video posted on YouTube by the US Embassy here in Ankara. If you watch carefully, you'll be able to see me awkwardly trying to ignore the large camera in front of my face around the 30 second mark.


 For more State Department coverage of the same event, peruse this facebook page. I'm not really on it anywhere, but several of my friends are!

Last night, I lived it up as a "famous American" by watching some famous Brits in "Four Weddings and a Funeral."  Margot was able to hook our TV up to her VPN-routed computer. I don't know exactly what this means or how it works, but because of the VPN re-routing (?) we can now view such American internet luxuries as Pandora, Netflix and YouTube (even when it gets blocked).

--To freedom!
-Annika

No comments:

Post a Comment