Above is said nameplate, and to the right, my desk. It looks kind of messy but that's just because my office doubles as the copy machine room, so that's someone's xerox project. I didn't mind, though! It's nice having company.
Having the copy room as your office has a few obvious drawbacks, but one unexpected bonus of it is that since I don't have an outer-ring office with a sea view, I do have wifi that comes up from the cafes downstairs. Also, that sea view would be totally distracting....
Below, is my view of the cafes downstairs. Not bad. The lights are actually really nice.
Yesterday, one of my generous colleagues, Suzan, took Margot and I shopping for much-needed linens. We went back to the bazaar and then to a Meier & Frank-esque shopping mall outside of the city center because it had "more quality" items. While there, I was able to find a great bed set and today I was able to wash it along with all my dirty laundry from the trip. I'm so happy that I got my sheets and that I was able to actually move in today because of that and I'm looking forward to trying them out tonight! Alfred's pretty excited too.
And now, because it is late and because Clayton and I are planning to head to Istanbul tomorrow, I'm gonna go hit the hay. (Hope this bed is actually more comfortable than hay!!)
Much love,
-Yalova
No comments:
Post a Comment